7/24/2010

Attention all units of the Solar Federation...

WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL -

Over Guitar Hero!



*enter air-guitaring rock pose here* Hell yeah!

You might remember one of my older posts, were I got together with a few friends and we had a Guitar Hero night. Afterwards I had Diegos Xbox360 over for a few days and played the hell out of the games' story modes, when I discovered that one had Rush's Yyz in it. I was so extremely flashed that I could've died right then.

Now imagine my excitement upon seeing this trailer for Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock. I'm not much into that "warriors" thing (Brütal Legend for that matter wouldn't interest me that much), but this game has me dancing through the room. I'm a giant Rush fan, always have been, and now they're making a game about the story of their album 2112 - which means the developers are actually using every song from 2112 in its entirety.
I'm so turned on right now.

Also, there's this clip:



The setlist seems to be very excellent - this being the first time since the first Guitar Hero that I feel confident to say that about any game of that kind. Money For Nothing by Dire Straits, No Way Back by Foo Fighters, fucking Bohemian Rhapsody!

I don't own any of the modern consoles, and never have I regretted that - until now. Consider me a lunatic, but this is the first game that I would actually consider buying a new console for. I won't do it of course - but who knows, maybe in a few months or years, there'll be a bundle with a console and Warriors Of Rock for a buck or two...

Oh well, one can dream.

So what do you think? Is the setlist alright? Would you ever consider a Guitar Hero/Rockband game worth buying a console for?

Labels: , , ,

1 Kommentare:

Am/um 26. Juli 2010 um 19:56 , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

its kinda funny that they took the music of rush for a videogame. i would consider that to be... risky?

just imagine all those kids that are into this whole guitar-hero thing freaking out to the sound of rush :D :D
would be great though.

now, here's my advise: get yourself a guitar, a discman, the rush-album and go outside pretending you're part of a fantasy-world. just play your favorite songs to some grandmas and busdrivers. You'll have your one-of-a-kind rush-fantasy-game although you cant cant afford a ps3 :D :D :D would be fuckin awesome :D

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite