5/06/2010

Hey Kid, wanna play?

I'm currently working for an organization that drives around with a big car full of toys and bikes and stuff to play with on playgrounds. Because we are mostly working at playgrounds it's obvious that I have seen a few. They mostly look like this:

Pictures (c) Saber, 2009

Peaceful. Fun. Full of Life and Laughter. Well, except for the last one, it kinda was a slow day.

Anyway, take a look at those playgrounds from all over Eastern Europe (mostly):



...oh my God. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight.

First of all: Who puts a Lovecraftian creature on a playground? Or giant evil snakes and monsters? Whose crotch children can crawl out of? Or what about that damned abominations that are somehow meant to resemble humans, but due to a bad (or old) paint job they seem like lost souls straight back from hell. And what are those black creatures with bright white eyes from 1:20 on that seem to stare right into your soul?
A giant doctor that is about to stab you. A sad kraken doomed to entertain kids for eternity. Elefants whose ass is used as a slide. A wizard emerging from the ground. Gigantic insects crawling towards you. The lady in the blue dress.

With blood pouring from her eyes.

Excuse me, I have to find a corner I can rock back and forth in while I silently weep.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Kommentare:

Am/um 7. Mai 2010 um 11:22 , Blogger Unknown meinte...

Hey, at least its all still in working condition - You can bet your ass those havent seen any maintenance in years. :D

My personaly favorite are the black white-eyed beary Abominations. :D

 
Am/um 13. Juli 2010 um 12:09 , Blogger Tiny meinte...

So I am still waiting for the pics I sent to you as a reader submission!
Where are they, hm, hm, HM?^^

I think you should share them with the WWWeb!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite