2/28/2011

Musicians to fall in love with - Part 2

Alright, next up - Sting.

Seriously, I'd probably turn gay for that man, that's why I chose to include him in this category. Not only is he one of my greatest musical influences (as mentioned before) and a genious when it comes to songwriting and melodies, he's also extremely good-looking for his age. Other guys can only dream about having his vitality and looks in high age - I will never understand how anyone can still find an Sean Connery of 80 years attractive.

Seriously?

Anyway, I recently found out that Sting went on a so-called Symphonicities-Tour, where his songs from The Police and his solo works where performed with the famous Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. This enabled Sting to bring many of his songs on stage he wouldn't be able to play with a rock band.
I found these new interpretations of his songs refreshing, but it was hard to get used to them initially since they do differ a lot from the originals. After a while though I had several songs on permanent repeat, and many of them still give me goosebumps; the atmosphere on stage is just phenomenal. Take for example two of my alltime Sting-favourites Mad About You or King of Pain:



Also, Sting collaborated with Alison Krauss to contribute a song to the soundtrack for the movie Cold Mountain (a brilliant movie you should go check out right now), called My Ain True Love which was also performed during the Symphonicities - Tour. Below are both songs as well as another general alltime-favourite of mine in an orchestrated rendition - I Burn For You.


                           

Labels: , ,

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite