9/15/2010

Major Awesome - When We Shared The Moon

New Song!

UPDATE: I tweaked the overall sound a little; just some minor things that no one will really notice except me. Just click the same link below to download the new version.

Yesterday I finally took the time to write lyrics to this song I made a few days (weeks?) ago. Of course I recorded the vocals instantly and did the final mixing, which kept me out of bed for way too long, but I think it was worth it.


The music is, again, just me playing around with the synthesizer. I found a nice atmospheric piano sound that I wanted to work with, doubled it with the sound of a vintage electric piano and played some chords. It's very slow and heavy I think, but it fits the lyrics pretty well. This has to be the lowest I had yet to sing on any of my songs...
The words, as I mentioned, were a little hard to write since I wanted to go to bed but also set myself a deadline to write a new song. I got inspired by several things, mostly by a movie I saw at the movie theater couple of days ago (shouldn't be too hard to guess which one... ). It got to me on a very emotional level right there in the seat, and I tried to convey that in the lyrics; not sure if I succeeded though. I always hope I don't get to corny, I hate that.
This is one of those songs that very blatantly showcase my inspiration and influences, I think you can hear a lot out of it. I won't spoil anything though, you can guess for yourself! :)

Enjoy!
Major Awesome - When We Shared The Moon


Lyrics:

I have walked a million miles through the tides
I saw fleets of ships sink down into the sea
A dozen suns were torn apart and lit the skies
To form a hundred galaxies, each containing me

Each day the memory remains
Of you walking through the plains
Each day trapped inside my mind
Since you left it all behind

A thousand wars were fought, none under my command
Too many races run to gain the upper hand
Cities rose and fell, then vanished into earth
for every death there was a multitude of births

Each day trapped inside my mind
Since you left it all behind

Just when I thought I could leave
you
pull me back and deceive
me
all I know is a lie
that
I create in despair
x2

When we shared the moon we shared the rising tide
When we crossed our hearts we gave away our might
Our own chemistry was linked right f rom the core
Our ocean never really reached the shore

Just when I thought I could leave
...

Labels: , ,

1 Kommentare:

Am/um 15. September 2010 um 14:18 , Anonymous Djane meinte...

einfach nur wow :)

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite