8/23/2010

Song Updates

I revisited some songs tonight and reworked them a little. The more I listened to them the more I found things to tweak on and things to add. They will never be finished, I guess...

Right. I changed a few things about Got It Right by my band Awesome.
I disliked the drums from the very beginning, so I tried getting a little more punch out of them. I'm still not satisfied, not at all, but it sounds a little more the way I want it.
Also I tweaked the volume of some parts here and there, I hope it sounds a bit more fitting overall.
The final thing: I rerecorded the guitar solo (remember: it was a first take to begin with), because there were a few mistakes that stopped the flow of the solo. Now it should sound more thought through, if still a little rough (I actually dig that sound).
There's just one thing I absolutely hate... I just can't get the bass drum to sound through. You might hear a faint bass drum in the distance, but that's it. Meh... I'll work on that later.

The other song I modified is The Grass Is Listening which I just put up recently. While listening to it again I noticed that one major element was missing: The Timpani.
That's right, I actually had a timpani in there to accentuate the timing, and I absolutely love it. When I was composing the song it was one of those things that just flew at me because it sounded so right.
Also I added a single distant guitar that I actually played (no synthesizer here). It adds just about the right amount of depth I wanted.

So what do you guys think? I put both versions of both songs up so if you like the one version better, you may keep it.

Again: Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

1 Kommentare:

Am/um 26. August 2010 um 16:57 , Anonymous Djane meinte...

Nice Work, Saberbär! :)

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite