8/21/2010

Major Awesome - The Grass Is Listening

Update August 23rd: New version here! The old version is available in the post.

I totally forgot about that little song I made some time ago. It's very different than anything I've made so far, because it's completely done with synthesizers.
When I began using my keyboard again I kinda messed around with Cubase and the instrument database of Hypersonic, which lets you control any instrument with your keyboard. A whole orchestra of strings? No problem. Hip hop drums? Got it. A large sperm whale skating recklessly on ice? Well, that's quite a strange thing to ask for, but they have it.

So this is my (instrumental) song The Grass Is Listening. It's very simple, but I love the relaxed flow of it. Put it on your mp3 player, lay down in a meadow and listen to the song while staring into the clear blue sky. I tried it, and it works perfectly.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

4 Kommentare:

Am/um 22. August 2010 um 10:27 , Blogger Tiny meinte...

You could use your new header as a cover for "The grass is listening". It would totally match.

I think it's not a song for laying in the sun but for driving around at night.

 
Am/um 22. August 2010 um 20:55 , Blogger Saber meinte...

You're right ;) it's nice how it things work out sometimes, isn't it?
I guess if I should ever release that song I will use one of those pictures... probably the last one.

And: Yes, I can totally see that. Funnily I never tried that out myself... just never occured to me I guess.

 
Am/um 26. August 2010 um 20:20 , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

I dig it.. Maybe some of your best work? I would love to add some instruments.. Chris

 
Am/um 26. August 2010 um 20:27 , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Ps. i love the off-beat at the end. Though I appreciate the simplicity of the song,you could try to add guitars, real drums even vocals (spoken vocals would fit.. or just some gibberish singing without words?)
Dont know if its me but it would be nice to have kind of a climatic structure.. Some Drop-D Powerchords and real drums in the end to lift that whole thing up??
Just ideas... everthing's nice the way it is. I just have the feeling that this piece could be even more epic.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite