3/02/2010

PreSpring Excitement in Music

Now, the Sun's been showing up a little more lately, and you can barely make out that Spring is here soon.

At this time of year I regularly fall back into listening to the same music I always listen to on sunny weather, or high temperatures. If you'd like, I can show you a little of my Sunshine Playlist, as I like to call it. I even created a CD series called Sabers Sunshine Mix. (It's true. I got to Vol.3 although I have enough songs to get to Vol.8, or even further.)

Today marked the moment where I had fun in listening to Blink 182 again. I really don't know what it is about that band, but if the weather's right, I really enjoy listening to their music. It's simple, fastpaced, plain fun - and it just has this kind of sunny feeling to it that I sometimes get with certain songs.(Sure many songs of that band sound alike, but I guess they took what worked and went on with it.)

A song I really dig is Roller Coaster; it's essentially everything that makes Blink 182 and one of the most enjoyable songs to listen to AND play on the drums. For those of you who are not familiar with it, you can check out the song here - or you can watch me blast away on the drums below. Your choice, buddy.
C'mon, I know you want to.

There we go.



I know there's a lot of drum covers of this particular song on the Tube, but I just wanted to give it a quick try, see how it turns out. Remember what I said about watching yourself while learning your instrument? That's what that is.

Do you have songs that are reserved for nice weather?

Labels: , , ,

2 Kommentare:

Am/um 2. März 2010 um 23:20 , Blogger Tiny meinte...

... More videos pleaaaase thank you! <3

 
Am/um 3. März 2010 um 14:35 , Blogger Tiny meinte...

Uh and by the way:

Better things by Passion Pit,
Sushi by Kyle Andrews,
32 ways to make you smile by Backseat Goodbye,
Radio-Ladio by Metronomy

Funny, these songs annoy the shit out of me when it's rainy and I'm in a bad mood but as soon as there is sun and I'm happy I dance around to them like nuts..

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite