2/22/2010

In the mood for some jazzy, rainy love

Beni just sent me this, and it's exactly what I need after a day like today (stressful, cold, rainy):

www.rainymood.com

There's not much to it. All it is is a 15-minute loop of rain, some distant rolls of thunder and even some singing birds inbetween. But damn is it effective!

Play the loop and listen to your favourite songs, preferrably some jazzy lounge music, slow blues or acoustic and classical pieces. Not only is it incredibly relaxing, it also helps appreciating the dull, grey weather outside a little.

Now where to begin, you might ask? Well look no further, for Beni was so kind to provide the perfect song to get you in that jazzy mood:


I feel all classy now.

If you need some more inspiration, have a look at this 4chan thread Beni also sent along. It holds in store  many more Youtube links to some great moody songs, partly taken from OSTs of video games - and not that 8bit bleep bloop either, I'm talkin high quality lounge jazz. I'm going through it song by song right now; it's magical.

Other songs I'd recommend for some rainy loungin' and lovin' include:

Frank Sinatra - Moon River , The Girl From Ipanema (if you can, use the studio version..), As Time Goes By, All My Tomorrows
Katie Melua - Blame It On The Moon
Miles Davis - Circle, My Ship, Blue In Green... the whole Blue Moods record in general
Norah Jones - I've Got To See You Again, The Long Day Is Over, Don't Miss You At All, The Nearness Of You
Phil Collins - The Way You Look Tonight
Road To Perdition OST - Road To Chicago, The Farm, Road To Perdition (again basically the whole OST)

So what are your recommendations? I tried staying within the range of swing/jazz/lounge music, but that doesn't mean you have to!

Labels: , , ,

3 Kommentare:

Am/um 24. Februar 2010 um 20:54 , Blogger Tiny meinte...

When you posted this, I did not need that rainymoodthingie since I heard the rain softly pattering on my window.

I'm not such a jazz fan.
I prefer this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5halJlIRQ0
(even though I'm not a Clueso fangirl but the intro is awesome! :))

 
Am/um 24. Februar 2010 um 20:56 , Blogger Tiny meinte...

Oh and by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3FyFFDDiY

Um.. True? XD

 
Am/um 24. Februar 2010 um 22:35 , Blogger Saber meinte...

Yeah, I kinda envy you for that... I never hear the rain pouring where I am. Only if I sit on the windowsill in the kitchen and open the window.. ;)
I love that song too. I don't think you have to be a fangirl/boy to enjoy beautiful melodies and beautiful guitar work, amirite? :)

And yeah, JM pretty much wrote his songs with chicks in mind. But is that so wrong? And also, he isn't doing it as much anymore as he did before - he doesn't have to anymore, obviously!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite